The Georgia Instructor Training (GIT) is a program designed specifically for Georgia Prelicense Instructors. The two-day training is offered by the Georgia Real Estate Commission (GREC) to comply with Rule 520-3-.04(1).
Prelicense Instructors are required to attend the GIT prior to being approved by GREC as a prelicense instructor.
The GIT is approved for 12 hours of real estate CE credit and 7 hours of appraisal CE credit.
Those participating in the class will:
- Investigate various learning styles
- Develop objectives to enhance learning
- Identify factors influencing adult learners
- Develop strategies for handling challenging students
- Discuss methods appropriate for teaching difficult subjects
- Create activities conducive to an effective classroom environment
All students will be required to conduct a 7- to 10-minute prelicense presentation on a real-estate related topic on the second day of the course. This presentation will be developed during the course and should not be prepared in advance.
Class size is limited to 28 students. Tuition includes all texts, materials and lunch.
For more information about instructor licensure in Georgia, go to www.grec.state.ga.us. For some specific details on becoming a Prelicense Instructor, go to https://www.grec.state.ga.us/schools/reinstructor.html.
Click here for GREC contact information: http://www.grec.state.ga.us/about/contactus.html.
Questions about a specific GIT? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 678-597-4135.